|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.3/5||1.0/4||0.9/4||0.9/4||0.7/3||0.4/2|
|Total Viewers (million)||7.222||5.237||5.854||4.692||2.264||1.601|
Note: Due to numerous local preemptions for NFL Preseason football on every network, all of the ratings are inflated. Final, accurate ratings will be released this afternoon
CBS was number one among adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
Since all of the ratings are significantly inflated, we will post an analysis along with the final, accurate ratings. In the meantime, Rookie Blues fans can take solace that the season, and perhaps series, finale temporarily has the show’s highest ratings since 2013. Feel free to comment on what you predict the actual final ratings for each show will be then check back in the afternoon to see if you were right.
Overnight ratings for Thursday, September 3, 2015 (all Live+Same Day ratings):
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Total Viewers (Millions)|
|8:00||CBS||The Big Bang Theory – R||1.9/8||8.20|
|ABC||Beyond The Tank – R||1.2/5||5.03|
|FOX||Boom! – R||1.1/4||4.53|
|CW||Beauty And The Beast – R||0.5/2||1.58|
|8:30||CBS||Mom – R||1.8/7||7.41|
|NBC||Dateline Mystery (9-11PM)||1.4/5||6.06|
|ABC||Mistresses – Season Finale||1.4/5||5.34|
|FOX||Bones – R||1.3/4||4.85|
|CW||Arrow – R||0.6/2||1.62|
|10:00||CBS||Under The Dome||1.4/5||5.67|
|ABC||Rookie Blue – Season Finale||1.2/4||5.34|
via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday Night:
· In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 2.9/8; “CBS Summer Showcase,” 1.5/4 with an encore; and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 1.9/5.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 1.1/6; “CBS Summer Showcase,” 0.2/1 with an encore; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 0.6/3.
· From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC’s “Nightline” averaged a 1.1/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
· From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (1.3/5 in metered-market households with an encore) beat CBS’s “Late Late Show” (0.9/3 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.4/3 in 18-49 with an encore) topped “Late Late Show” (0.2/2 with an encore).
· At 1:35 a.m., “Last Call with Carson Daly” averaged a 0.7/3 with an encore in metered-market households and a 0.2/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.