via press release:
During the recently completed November 2011 sweep, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live generated its most-watched November sweep yet and attracted its biggest-ever audience for any sweep period. Growing 7% over the year-ago November sweep in Total Viewers, JKL was the only late-night broadcast talk show to grow its overall audience year-to-year, as NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (-8%) and Last Call with Carson Daly (-5%) and CBS’ The Late Show with David Letterman (-6%) and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (-7%) were all down. JKL was up in overall viewers over the previous November for the 5th time in the last 6 sweeps periods for the month.
- For the sweep, ABC’s JKL stood as the #3 late-night talk show in Total Viewers, behind only NBC’s The Tonight Show and CBS’ The Late Show.
- ABC’s JKL topped NBC’s Fallon by 11% in Total Viewers and by 4% in Adults 18-49, marking its 3rd November in a row to draw a larger overall audience than the NBC late-night program.
- ABC’s JKL scored its biggest lead yet in Total Viewers over CBS’ Ferguson (+19%), extending its winning streak over the CBS late-night program to 3 consecutive sweep periods. In addition, JKL led Ferguson in young adults (+2%) for the 2nd straight November.
During the week of November 21, 2011, which included the final three nights of the November 2011 sweep, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live saw its most-watched week ever, surpassing its previous weekly high by 7% (w/o 11/22/10). Hitting a season high in Adults 18-49, JKL delivered its best performance since May 2010 (excluding NBA finals-led weeks) – since w/o 5/24/10. Growing by double-digit percentages over the prior week, JKL stood as the only late-night talk show to post week-to-week gains in both Total Viewers (+22%) and young adults (+14%).
JKL was also up over the same week last year by 7% in viewers and by 2% in young adults to deliver the largest year-to-year increases of any late talk show (broadcast or cable). In fact, JKL turned in its 4th consecutive week of year-to-year increases in Total Viewers and was up for the 9th time in 10 weeks this season.
- During the week, ABC’s JKL stood as the #3 late-night talk show in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, behind only NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and CBS’ Late Show with David Letterman
- ABC’s JKL (M-F 12am) topped NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (M-F 12:35am) by season-best margins in Total Viewers (+44%) and Adults 18-49 (+29%), marking the ABC late-night program 4th straight win over the NBC program in viewers and 3rd consecutive victory in young adults.
- ABC’s JKL bested CBS’ The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (M-F 12:35am) by its largest margin ever in Total Viewers (+66%) and also topped the CBS program by an impressive 26% in Adults 18-49. JKL has led the CBS late-night program in overall viewers in 10 of 10 weeks of the season.
- Posting season-best telecast numbers in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, JKL’s Tuesday airing (11/22/11), which featured Dancing with the Stars champions J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff, David Beckham and Body of Proof’s Dana Delany, drew the ABC late-night program’s largest audience and highest Adult 18-49 number on any night in 6 months (excluding NBA finals-led telecasts) – since 5/24/11. In fact, the Tuesday telecast stands as JKL’s 4th-most-watched late-night telecast ever.