via press release:
‘TODAY’ CONTINUES TO CLOSE RATINGS GAP WITH GMA
TODAY Has Cut the Total Viewer and Key Demo Gap with GMA by Double Digits This Quarter Versus Last Quarter
TODAY Has Gained Nearly 200k Total Viewers Versus Year-to-Date Levels
TODAY Is the #1 Morning News Show in A18-49 Season-to-Date
NEW YORK – March 5, 2015 – NBC’s TODAY continues to gain momentum, tightening the ratings race and posting across-the-board growth. TODAY closed the total viewer gap with GMA during the first nine weeks of 1Q’15 by 19% and the A25-54 gap by 28% versus the 4Q’14 levels. For the week of February 23, TODAY grew its deliveries across the board compared to the 1Q’15 average, gaining nearly 200k viewers. TODAY remains the #1 morning news program in A18-49 for the season.
- During the first nine weeks of 1Q’15, TODAY has narrowed GMA’s total viewer lead by 19% and the A25-54 gap by 28% compared to 4Q’14 levels
- Versus the 1Q’15 average, TODAY’s deliveries last week were up across-the-board in total viewers (+4%, or +186,000), A18-49 viewers (+3%, or +43,000), and A25-54 viewers (+3%, or +52,000)
- TODAY averaged 5.217 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +43% (+1.573 million)
- TODAY averaged 1.994 million A25-54 viewers, +78% (+875,000) ahead of CBS
- Season-to-date, TODAY is the #1 morning news program among A18-49 viewers
Week of February 23
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.62||9||3,644||0.94||1,119|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||4.44||16||6,066||1.87||2,240|
For the 8th straight month, Today.com reached more consumers than Goodmorningamerica.com on Yahoo. Over 27 million unique visitors turned to Today.com in January for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 16 consecutive and 23 out of the last 24 months Today.com has reached more Mobile consumers thanGoodmorningamerica.com on Yahoo.
Today.com’s strategy to reach consumers across all devices and platforms has paid off as our mobile unique visitors have grown +78% over the last 12 months while GMA on Yahoo is +1% for the same period. As such, Today.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in Sept 2013 to nearly 3x GMA on Yahoo’s mobile visitor number in January 2015.
NBC’s TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com, the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and hosts, and Don Nash is the executive producer.