NEW YORK – May 14, 2015 – NBC’s TODAY continues to gain momentum, tightening the ratings race and posting daily wins. For the week of May 4, TODAY was the number-one morning show Tuesday, topping GMA by 28k in the key demo A25-54. TODAY has now posted 21 daily demo wins (including a weekly demo win) and a total viewer win this year.
TODAY also slashed the key demo gap with GMA by 24% and the total viewer gap by 13%, week to week. TODAY remains the number-one morning show in A18-49 for the season.
Week of May 4
- TODAY averaged 4.590 million total viewers, +30% (+1.048 million) higher than CBS This Morning
- TODAY averaged 1.739 million A25-54 viewers, leading CBS by +66% (+692,000)
- TODAY trailed GMA by only 95,000 A25-54 viewers. In the last 4 weeks, TODAY has twice finished within 100,000 demo viewers of GMA while also adding its own weekly win.
- TODAY’s 1.45 A25-54 rating was +0.57 better than CBS’s 0.88 rating
- TODAY was #1 with 1.342 million A18-49 viewers, +6% (+72,000) ahead of GMA and +79% (+593,000) more than CBS
- Week-to-week, TODAY posted closer margins vs. GMA in both total viewers (by 13%) and A25-54 viewers (by 24%)
- TODAY’s A18-49 margin over GMA was +31% higher than its average in 2Q’15-to-date
- Season-to-date, TODAY is the #1 morning news program among A18-49 viewers (1.451 million), leading GMA by +2% and more than doubling CBS by +101%
- TODAY is averaging 4.878 million total viewers this season, +45% (+1.507 million) more than CBS
- TODAY averages 1.879 million A25-54 viewers season-to-date, outperforming CBS by +82% (+844,000)
|CBS THIS MORNING
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA
For the 10th straight month, Today.com reached more consumers than Goodmorningamerica.com on Yahoo. Almost 30 million unique visitors turned toToday.com in March for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 18 consecutive months (25 out of the last 26), Today.com has reached more mobile consumers than Goodmorningamerica.com on Yahoo.
Additionally, Today.com’s mobile unique visitors have grown +78% over the last 12 months while Goodmorningamerica.com on Yahoo has declined -28% for the same period. As such, Today.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in September 2013 to nearly 3.5x Goodmorningamerica.com on Yahoo’s mobile visitor number in March 2015.
NBC’s TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com, the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and hosts, Noah Oppenheim is the SVP and Executive in Charge, and Don Nash is the executive producer.