via press release:
ABC Scores Impressive Cross-Platform Numbers for its 2012 Oscar Content
Viewers Consume Over 9.0 Billion Total Minutes of ABC’s Academy Awards-
Themed Programming Since the Nominations on “Good Morning America”
ABC’s Oscar Sunday Programming Reaches Nearly
81.0 Million Unique Television Viewers Across the United States
Audience for Network’s Oscar Multiplatform Experience Jumps by 53%
Year to Year, Pulling in 11.0 Million Visitors to Oscar.com and the Oscar App
Social TV Score on Oscar Sunday More than Doubles Year to Year, Spiking 125%
ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Academy Awards” Special
Generates Over 8.0 Million Video Views via ABC.com and YouTube
- Across TV and digital platforms, audiences consumed 9.02 billion minutes of ABC’s Academy Awards-themed programming – cumulative number of minutes viewed across platforms of ABC’s Oscar programming since the nomination announcements on “Good Morning America.”
- With the “Oscar’s Red Carpet Live” pre-show, the Academy Awards telecast and “Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Academy Awards,” ABC’s Oscar programming on Sunday reached an estimated 80.77 million unique television viewers across the U.S. – unduplicated Viewers 2+ watching 1-minute or more during the broadcast.
- Oscar.com and the Oscar App experienced tremendous year-over-year growth. The number of visitors to Oscar.com since the nomination announcement (11.0 million) jumped 53% over 2011, and the Oscar App was downloaded 375,000 times, an incredible 1177% spike over 2011. On Oscar Sunday alone, 4 million people visited Oscar.com or used an Oscar App.
- Through the Oscar.com and the Oscar App, the digital audience consumed over 50 million cumulative minutes on Sunday (33.7 million on 2/26/12) and Monday (16.4 million on 2/27/12).
- Social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, GetGlue and Miso on Oscar Sunday garnered a total Social TV Score of 4.5 million, surging by 125% over last year (2.0 million).
· ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Academy Awards” special has garnered over 8.0 million online video views via ABC.com and YouTube.