via press release:
FOX BREAKS RECORDS WITH SIXTH CONSECUTIVE SEASON WIN
Achieves Most Consecutive Season Wins Among Adults 18-49 in Broadcast History
Dominates No. 2 Network By +16%, No. 3 and 4 Networks by +37%
Culminating with a dominant May sweep victory, FOX has won its sixth straight season among Adults 18-49 – more consecutive season wins in the key adult demo than any other network in broadcast history.
FOX closed its record-breaking year with three of the top 10 regular programs among Adults 18-49, five of the top 10 regular programs among Adults 18-34 and seven of the season’s top 10 regular programs among Teens. In addition, FOX not only outperformed the No. 2-rated network (CBS) by +16% this season, but also dominated the No. 3 (ABC) and No. 4 (NBC) networks by an impressive +37% margin.
Other key 2009-2010 season highlights include:
- In addition to winning in the key adult demo for the sixth straight season, FOX has ranked No. 1 among Adults 18-34 for eight seasons in a row and No. 1 among Teens 12-17 for 10 consecutive seasons.
- FOX leads its next highest-rated competitor by +45% among Adults 18-34 and +62% among Teens.
- FOX ranks No. 1 among Adults 18-49 on five of the seven nights of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday), the most nights of any network.
- FOX has ranked No. 1 among Adults 18-49 for the past six quarters (1st Quarter 2009 to 2nd Quarter 2010), the longest streak for any network since 1998.
- This past fall, FOX ranked No. 1 among Adults 18-49, No. 1 among Adults 18-34 and No. 1 among Teens. This marks the first year ever that FOX has captured the No. 1 rank among Adults 18-49 during the fall.
- FOX’s median age of 44 for regular programming is the youngest of the four major broadcast networks – four years younger than the second-youngest network, NBC; six years younger than ABC; and 10 years younger than CBS.
About Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX) is a unit of News Corporation and the leading broadcast television network among Adults 18-49. FOX finished the 2009-2010 season at No. 1 in the key adult demographic for the sixth consecutive year – a feat that had never been achieved in broadcast history – while continuing to dominate all network competition in the more targeted Adults 18-34 and Teen demographics. This past season, FOX ranked No. 1 in the November broadcast television sweep, winning by the largest margin of victory achieved by any network in the November sweep in five years. In addition, FOX garnered its first fall season win ever among Adults 18-49 and dominated the May 2010 sweep across all key demographics. FOX airs 15 hours of primetime programming a week as well as late-night entertainment programming, major sports and Sunday morning news.