via press release:
The third season premiere of Univision’s celebrity dance competition “¡Mira Quién Baila!” (Look Who’s Dancing!) on Sunday night reached nearly 7.6 million total viewers that watched all or part of the three-hour broadcast. The premiere, which aired from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 9, delivered an average audience of 3.6 million Total Viewers 2+.
In the time period and for the entire night (7 p.m. to 11 p.m.), “¡Mira Quién Baila!” made Univision the No. 3 broadcast network, beating ABC and CBS, among Adults 18-34 and the No. 4 broadcast network, beating ABC, among Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers 2+. In fact, “¡Mira Quién Baila!” out-delivered the first-run episode of CBS’ “60 Minutes” among Adults 18-34.
Locally, “¡Mira Quién Baila!” was the No. 1 broadcast program in the time period in Miami among Total Viewers 2+. Additionally, on Univision local stations “¡Mira Quién Baila!” was the No. 2 broadcast program in the time period, beating ABC, CBS and FOX, among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles and Houston
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston and Sacramento
- Adults 18-34 Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Phoenix and Sacramento
As part of Univision’s social TV efforts, “¡Mira Quién Baila!” ranked No. 3 among broadcast shows, on Sept. 9 according to Trendrr.
Viewers were able to interact with the show by supporting their favorite celebrity with dedicated hashtags, joining the conversation using #MQB and unlocking GetGlue stickers, among other activities. According to SocialGuide, the engagement efforts resulted in:
- #MQB ranking No. 5 in the TV Series Top 20 hashtags
- Celebrity hashtags #TeamHenry and #TeamMaxi were also among the TV Series Top 20
- @MiraQuienBaila ranked No. 2 among the Top 20 TV Series program; @Univision was also in the top 20
- “Mira Quien Baila” was the No. 3 most social Series Program in Broadcast
Co-produced by Univision Studios and Endemol, “¡Mira Quién Baila!” pairs a group of Hispanic celebrities with dancers showcasing their moves to a variety of rhythms. Every week, contestants rotate partners and compete in front of a live studio audience, while an expert panel of judges selects the top dancers. Co-hosted by Javier Poza and Chiquinquirá Delgado, this season of “¡Mira Quién Baila!” will feature more reality elements as viewers will be able witness more from the stars as they prepare for competition.