via press release:
“NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH LESTER HOLT” POSTS FOURTH STRAIGHT ACROSS-THE-BOARD WIN
NBC Broadcast is Delivering Best Winning Streak in Over Five Months Nightly is Only Network Evening Newscast to Post Demo Gains Year-to-Year
July 21, 2015 – “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” has won four straight weeks in total viewers, the news demo A25-54, and younger viewers A18-49 — leading in all categories every week since Holt was named anchor. The NBC broadcast was up across-the-board compared to the same week last year, and was the only network evening newscast to post growth in the demo while both ABC & CBS declined year-to-year.
This marks the first time Nightly has won four consecutive weeks among both total viewers and the key demo since the week of January 19 through the week of February 9, 2015. Nightly has now won among total viewers for 5 of the last 6 weeks, 9 of the last 12 weeks, and 297 of the last 304 weeks.
Compared to the same week last year, Nightly was up in total viewers (+1%, or +39,000), A25-54 viewers (+5%, or +82,000), and A18-49 viewers (+1%, or +11,000).
Season-to-date, Nightly is #1 in total viewers, A25-54, and A18-49.
- Nightly averaged 7.814 million total viewers, +309,000 (+4%) more than ABC World News Tonight and +1,326,000 (20%) ahead of CBS Evening News.
- Nightly has now won four straight weeks among total viewers for the first time since the weeks of 3/2, 3/9, 3/16, and 3/23/2015.
- Nightly averaged 1.876 million A25-54 viewers, leading ABC by +81,000 (+5%) and CBS by +432,000 (+30%).
- Nightly has now won four straight weeks among A25-54 viewers for the first time since the weeks of 1/19, 1/26, 2/2, and 2/9/2015.
- Nightly delivered a 1.6 A25-54 rating, +1 tenth more than ABC and +4 tenths more than CBS.
- Nightly averaged 1.335 million A18-49 viewers, leading ABC by +83,000 (+7%) and CBS by +326,000 (+32%).
- Nightly delivered a 1.1 A18-49 rating, +1 tenth ahead of ABC and +3 tenths more than CBS.
- Nightly is averaging 8.760 million total viewers, outperforming ABC by +354,000 (+4%) and CBS by +23% (1.666 million).
- Nightly is averaging 2.081 million A25-54 viewers this season, leading ABC by +7,000 and CBS by +427,000 (+26%).
- Nightly is averaging 1.493 million A18-49 viewers this season, leading ABC by +89,000 (+6%) and CBS by +370,000 (+33%).
WEEK OF JULY 7-13, 2015
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Ratings||A18-49 Viewers|