via press release:
NBC ROUND 1 COVERAGE PRODUCES LOCAL-MARKET RECORDS
NBC Sports Group’s first-round Stanley Cup Playoff coverage, totaling 46 games across NBC, NBCSN, USA Network and CNBC, averaged 709,000 viewers. NBC’s primetime presentation of Game 6 between the Predators and Blackhawks on Saturday, April 25, won the night among the four broadcast networks the Adults 18-49 demo, and all key adult-male demos, averaging 2.41 million viewers to mark the most-watched game of the first round. NBCSN’s Game 7 presentation of Red Wings-Lightning on Wednesday averaged 977,000 viewers, making it the most-watched first-round game on cable this year.
NBC’s coverage also produced numerous local market records:
- The Wild’s 3-0 Game 6 win over St. Louis (4/26/15) produced a 17.25 rating in Minneapolis, the highest rating ever on NBC for a Wild game;
- That same Game 6 also produced a 13.23 rating in St. Louis, which was the highest rating for a first-round game ever in the market;
- Chicago’s Game 6 win in primetime on Saturday, April 25 delivered a 13.70 rating in Chicago, the market’s second-best Round 1 rating on NBC (Game 6 vs. St. Louis, 4/27/14; 17.19);
- Predators-Blackhawks Game 6 also produced a 7.21 rating in Nashville, the highest rating ever in the market for a Predators game;
- Penguins-Rangers Game 2 on NBC in primetime on Saturday, April 18 produced a 3.84 rating in New York, the highest first-round rating ever in the market for a Rangers game.