via press release:
NICKELODEON AND PARAMOUNT TELEVISION SET THE STAGE WITH THE CAST OF
SCHOOL OF ROCK
Los Angeles, Calif. (March 26, 2015) – Nickelodeon and Paramount Television announced today that actors Ricardo Hurtado, Lance Lim, Aidan Miner, Jade Pettyjohn, and Breanna Yde have joined actor/comedian, Tony Cavalero, in its live-action, musical comedy series School of Rock. The series is scheduled to air fall 2015 and is currently in production at Paramount Studios in Los Angeles. Inspired by the hit movie, School of Rock follows a unique group of prep school students who are in for the change of a lifetime when a down-on-his-luck musician poses as their substitute teacher. At first, the overachieving and rule-following kids are rather unimpressed, but their new teacher, Dewey, uses rock n’ roll to ignite their inner expression.
Following is the full cast of School of Rock:
- TONY CAVALERO (Nickelodeon’s Splitting Adam) plays “Dewey,” Dewey is the down-on-his-luck musician posing as a substitute teacher, who ultimately becomes the most unique and well-liked teacher the kids have ever had. Although he has an alternative approach to teaching and could probably learn more from his students about history or math, Dewey uses the language of rock n’ roll to elevate and inspire his class of kids to reach new heights as the band called “School of Rock.”
- RICARDO HURTADO plays “Freddy,” the new kid who brings a fresh rebellious perspective to William B. Travis Prep School. He is an effortlessly “cool” kid who recognizes the opportunity in building the band with Dewey, and challenges the class to take risks in the name of having fun. Freddy is a good role model for Lawrence and Zack, has the same interests as Tomika, and supports Summer when it counts.
- LANCE LIM (Growing Up Fisher) plays “Zack,” a reserved child of overbearing parents, who comes out of his shell as the band’s electric guitarist. He walks the line between fearing the consequences of breaking the rules and embracing the independence that Dewey encourages. Zack is a good friend to all, and with the confidence he gains from the band he makes the choice to become his own man instead of a “Yale man.”
- AIDAN MINER (Nickelodeon Creative Lab’s Homeroom) plays “Lawrence” the quirky, technologically-inclined, unabashedly confident keyboardist for the band. He may miss social cues and create messes for the band, but his heart is always in the right place as a team player who completely embraces rock n’ roll.
- JADE PETTYJOHN (Nickelodeon’s Henry Danger) plays “Summer,” the over-achiever with perfect attendance and a blind ambition for academics. Not satisfied with playing tambourine in the band, she ultimately becomes the manager when she realizes she can use her organizational skills to the band’s benefit. Summer learns to take risks and be a team player, especially when it means getting noticed by her crush, Freddy.
- BREANNA YDE (Nickelodeon’s The Haunted Hathaways) plays “Tomika,” is the fun-loving bass player who is a bit of a tomboy. Although more comfortable with a skateboard than a microphone, Tomika’s peers soon learn that she is a double threat – a gifted bass guitarist who also has some powerful pipes. Tomika is grounded and knows who she is, which is why she is such a great best friend to Summer – together these girls can accomplish anything.
School of Rock is a Paramount Television production. The straight-to-series, 13-episode order, will be executive produced by Jim & Steve Armogida (Crash & Bernstein, My Family). The 2003 movie’s director Richard Linklater and producer Scott Rudin will executive produce the television series.