via press release:
WOMEN POWER “OUTLANDER”
MIDSEASON RETURN TO 70% INCREASE IN
Second Half of Season One Returns to Strong Premiere and Weekend Total Viewership,
Trending Nationally on Facebook and Twitter
First Half of Season Averaged 5.1 Million Viewers
Beverly Hills, Calif. – April 6, 2015 – The DROUGHTLANDER has ended! “Outlander” returned on April 4th from its midseason hiatus with strong viewership results that highlighted it as must-watch destination viewing for fans – especially women.
· The 9PM ET/PT Saturday premiere airing of “Outlander” delivered more than 1.22 Million viewers, a 69% increase over the series’ premiere last summer (721K), despite strong head-to-head Saturday night competition with the NCAA Men’s Basketball semifinal (Kentucky/Wisconsin),
· The total weekend viewers of 2.4 Million (2.38 Million) held steady against the season average weekend viewership (2.4 Million)
· The midseason premiere at 9pm also delivered the second highest female viewership of any original STARZ episode ever, bringing in more than 760K Live+SD Women 18+, behind only behind the midseason finale (887K)
· Women comprised 62% of the series premiere episode’s viewership and 59% of the total weekend audience
STARZ has followed a strategy of targeting and super-serving distinct audiences with programs, including women with series like “Outlander” and the miniseries “The White Queen” and African-American viewers with shows like “Power” and “Survivor’s Remorse.”
The mid-season return of “Outlander” was also a social media force:
· Trended on Facebook for more than 12 hours, from Saturday 9PM ET/PT premiere through Sunday afternoon (Source: Facebook)
· Ranked No. 2 in Nielsen Ratings for Twitter conversation volume among all television series on premiere day (Source: Nielsen)
· Trended at No. 5 on Twitter during Saturday’s 9PM ET/PT premiere screening (Source: Twitter)
Live +7 ratings and multiplatform performance will be distributed when available.
New episodes of “Outlander” air Saturdays at 9PM ET/PT exclusively on STARZ.
(SOURCES: Nielsen Npower Live+SD data. Does not include additional multiplex repeats, extended DVR, or complete viewing of STARZ ON DEMAND, Free On Demand, STARZ PLAY, and other online platforms. Subject to further qualifications available upon request.)