via press release:
“STAR WARS REBELS: SPARK OF REBELLION”
AVAILABLE ON WATCH DISNEY XD, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29;
PREMIERE TELECAST ON DISNEY CHANNELS
AROUND THE WORLD ON OCTOBER 3
Continuing the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga, an exciting animated one-hour movie “Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion” will be available first to verified users on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app, beginning MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29. WATCH Disney XD allows consumers to watch on tablets, phones, computers and set-top boxes.
The global television debut of “Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion” is set for FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT in the U.S.) on Disney Channels around the world, ushering in the series “Star Wars Rebels,” beginning MONDAY, OCTOBER 13 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney XD. The series will air in 34 languages across 163 countries in over 400 million households.
The television movie garnered rave reviews at last month’s San Diego Comic-Con fan event for its story (set between the events of Star Wars Episodes III and IV) and its look – akin to the classic Star Wars trilogy. The series designs are influenced by the work of original Star Wars concept artist Ralph McQuarrie.
The story unfolds during a dark time when the evil Galactic Empire is tightening its grip of power on the galaxy. Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet and are ruining the lives of its people. The motley but clever crew of the starship Ghost – cowboy Jedi Kanan, ace pilot Hera, street-smart teenager Ezra, the “muscle” Zeb, warrior firebrand Sabine, and cantankerous old astromech droid Chopper – is among a select few who are brave enough to stand against the Empire. Together, they will face threatening new villains, encounter colorful adversaries, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.
“Star Wars Rebels” is created by Dave Filoni (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars”), Simon Kinberg (“X-Men: Days of Future Past,” “Sherlock Holmes”), and Carrie Beck. The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni and Kinberg as well as Greg Weisman (“Gargoyles”).
The talented voice cast includes Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan, Vanessa Marshall as Hera, Steve Blum as Zeb, Tiya Sircar as Sabine, Taylor Gray as Ezra, David Oyelowo as Agent Kallus and Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor.
The multi-platform schedule in the U.S. is:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
- “Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion” one-hour movie will be available to verified users on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app for smartphones and tablets. It will also be available on Disney Channel SVOD.
Friday, OCTOBER 3
- Premiere telecast of the one-hour movie “Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion” (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4
- “Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion” will be available on Disney XD VOD and for purchase through Apple iTunes, Amazon Instant Video and Google Play.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 6
- “Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion” (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) premieres on Disney XD.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 13
- “Star Wars Rebels” (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) series premieres on Disney XD.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14
- “Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion” will be available to own on DVD in retailers nationwide. The DVD includes the movie, a free Ghost 3D model ship, four “Star Wars Rebels” shorts, plus a never-before-seen piece that takes you deeper into the world of “Star Wars Rebels” and the upcoming season.
Disney Channels Worldwide
In the Disney Channels Worldwide portfolio, there are 42 Disney Channels and 30 Disney XD channels, in over 30 languages, reaching hundreds of millions of viewers around the globe. Disney Channels Worldwide is part of the Disney/ABC Television Group.
About Lucasfilm Ltd.
Lucasfilm Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company’s activities include visual effects and audio post-production, cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties, including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
Lucasfilm, the Lucasfilm logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.