via press release:
SYFY’S SHARKNADO WEEK (JULY 18-25) WILL PREMIERE SEVEN ORIGINAL MOVIES INCLUDING THE RETURN OF SHARKTOPUS, LAVA BREATHING TARANTULAS AND A THREE HEADED SHARK
AND YES, THE WORLD PREMIERE OF SHARKNADO 3: OH HELL NO! ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 22 AT 9PM
NEW YORK – July 15, 2015 – Sharks, more sharks – and tarantulas! Syfy’s second annual Sharknado Week (July 18-25) will showcase seven original wild and gory movies featuring heroes such as Ian Ziering, Steve Guttenberg, Casper Van Dien and Danny Trejo battling bloodthirsty creatures and saving humanity.
Sharknado Week will be highlighted by the eagerly anticipated premiere of the global pop culture sensation Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! on Wednesday, July 22nd at 9PM (ET/PT).
For those who can’t wait for the over-the-top fun of this fin-tastic week, here’s the Sharknado Week trailer: https://youtu.be/k8q6i8CWgNI
SECOND ANNUAL SYFY SHARKNADO WEEK JULY 18-25
- Roboshark premieres Saturday, July 18th at 7PM ET/PT – A great white shark in the Pacific Ocean devours an alien space probe and ends up terrorizing Seattle. Stars: Hristo Balabanov (Robocroc), Nigel Barber (Firequake), Laura Dale (Sherlock) and Isaac Haig (Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever).
- Megashark vs Kolossus premieres Saturday, July 18th at 9PM ET/PT – A new Mega Shark and a reawakened Kolossus go head to head. Stars: Illeana Douglas (Ghost World), Amy Rider (The Secret Life of the American Teenager), Brody Hutzler (Days of Our Lives) and Tara Price (The Routine).
- Sharktopus vs Whalewolf premieres Sunday, July 19th at 9PM ET/PT – A washed-up baseball player under the care of an anti-aging doctor turns into a half-whale, half-wolf creature – Whalewolf. Stars: Casper Van Dien (Starship Troopers), Catherine Oxenberg (Dynasty), Akari Endo (Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda) and Sarodj Bertin (One Night in Vegas).
- 3 Headed Shark Attack premieres Monday, July 20th at 7PM ET/PT – A mutated shark tears its way through an island research facility before attacking a party boat. Stars: Danny Trejo (Machete), Rob Van Dam (WWE Superstar), Jason Simmons (Baywatch) and Dawn Hamil (Rage).
- Zombie Shark premieres Monday, July 20th at 9PM ET/PT – An experimental shark escapes captivity and wreaks havoc on a group of friends. Stars: Jason London (Dazed and Confused), Leslie Castay (Beautiful Creatures), Laura Cayouette (Django Unchained) and Sloane Coe (Devil’s Due).
- Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! premieres Wednesday, July 22nd at 9PM ET/PT – Sharknados cause mass destruction in Washington, DC, then roar down the Eastern Seaboard before the final confrontation in Orlando. Stars: Ian Ziering (Beverly Hills 90210), Tara Reid (American Pie) and Cassie Scerbo (Make It or Break It), along with Bo Derek (10), David Hasselhoff (Baywatch), Mark Cuban (Shark Tank) and Frankie Muniz (Agent Cody Banks).
- Lavalantula premieres Saturday, July 25th at 9PM ET/PT – A volcano erupts in Los Angeles, spewing out lava breathing tarantulas. Stars: Steve Guttenberg (Police Academy), Leslie Easterbrook (Police Academy), Michael Winslow (Police Academy: The Series), Marion Ramsey (Police Academy), Nia Peeples (Pretty Little Liars) and Ralph Garman (KROQ DJ).
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in 96 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. (Syfy. Imagine Greater.)