via press release:
LOOK WHO’S IN SHARKNADO 3: OH HELL NO!!!
FRANKIE MUNIZ, PENN & TELLER, NE-YO, LOU FERRIGNO, JACKIE COLLINS, GRANT IMAHARA, BRAD KESELOWSKI AND JOEY LOGANO WILL HAVE CAMEOS IN THE (SHARK) STORM OF THE CENTURY PREMIERING ACROSS THE WORLD WEDNESDAY, JULY 22
NEW YORK – June 12, 2015 – Actor Frankie Muniz, entertainers Penn & Teller, multi-Grammy winner Ne-Yo, NASCAR drivers Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano, author Jackie Collins, actor Lou Ferrigno and former MythBusters host Grant Imahara will join the star-studded cast of Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! when the global pop culture sensation premieres on Syfy on Wednesday, July 22 at 9PM (ET/PT). The third installment in the Sharknado franchise will also premiere on Syfy in 87 countries within 24 hours of the US premiere.
Ian Ziering (Fin), Tara Reid (April) and Cassie Scerbo (Nova) star in Sharknado 3, which will cause mass destruction in Washington, DC, then roar down the Eastern Seaboard before the final confrontation in Orlando, Florida.
Joining them will be David Hasselhoff (Fin’s father, Gil); Bo Derek (April’s mother, May) and Nickelodeon stars Ryan Newman (April and Fin’s daughter, Claudia Shepard) and Jack Griffo (Claudia’s friend, Billy).
Among the newly-announced cameos, Frankie Muniz plays Nova’s friend, mechanic Lucas Stevens, while Penn Jillette and Teller, respectively, are retired NASA Lieutenant Colonel Stylo and Major Caissier. Playing Secret Service agents are Ne-Yo (Agent Deveroux), Lou Ferrigno (Agent Banner) and Grant Imahara (Agent Lodge), and Jackie Collins, Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano appear as themselves.
They join previously revealed cameos, including:
· Mark Cuban (President of the United States)
· Ann Coulter (Vice President of the United States)
· WWE Superstar Chris Jericho (ride attendant Bruce)
· Jerry Springer (tourist)
· Jedward (tourists)
· Ray J (NASA tech Tom Major)
· Michele Bachmann as herself
· Today’s Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb as themselves
· NSYNC singer Chris Kirkpatrick (lifeguard)
· Shahs of Sunset star Reza Farahan (Capitol Park policeman)
· Comcast SportsNet’s Brian Mitchell (NASA tech)
· Anthony Weiner (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration director)
· The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Kim Richards (Universal Orlando Resort VIP Guide)
· Former The Girls Next Door stars Holly Madison (military sergeant) and Kendra Wilkinson (waitress)
· Washington Redskins outside linebacker Ryan Kerrigan (NASA tech) and offensive tackle Tom Compton (reporter)
· ESPN’s Michelle Beadle (Special Agent Argyle), Marcellus Wiley (Army Specialist Iverson) and Max Kellerman (Army Sergeant Joseph)
And there are more to come!
Anthony C. Ferrante will once again direct and The Asylum will produce. Sharknado 3 is based on an original screenplay by Thunder Levin.
The Asylum is one of the world’s leading brand-oriented motion picture and television studios. With a focus on high-concept, market-driven entertainment, like the SHARKNADO franchise, The Asylum finances, produces and releases 25 films per year through its direct pipeline to the nation’s top retailers and its network of international partners. Since its founding in 1997, The Asylum has released more than 500 films and has built a library of over 200 original productions, including top-rated movie premieres for Syfy, Lifetime, and Animal Planet networks. In 2014, The Asylum made its first foray into series television with Z NATION, a critically-acclaimed 13-episode action-horror series on Syfy. Z NATION drew high ratings and will return for a second season in 2015.
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in 96 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. (Syfy. Imagine Greater.)