via press release:
TELEMUNDO WRAPS UP PRODUCTION OF SECOND SEASON OF “TOP CHEF ESTRELLAS” FEATURING TEN NEW CELEBRITIES COMPETING FOR THE COVETED “TOP CHEF” TITLE
Hosted by Renowned TV Personality Ingrid Hoffmann, the Hit Culinary Competition Series will Premiere Next Season Featuring Latino Celebrities with the Return of Leading Latina Chef Lorena Garcia and Chefs Jaime Martin Del Campo and Ramiro Arvizu as Judges
MIAMI – August 4, 2014 – “Top Chef Estrellas,” Telemundo’s Sunday primetime culinary competition, wrapped up production of a hotter, tastier and extended second season, now featuring a total of ten celebrities competing for the “Top Chef” title and a total of $100,000 awarded to charities of their choice. Shot in Boston, Massachusetts and produced by Emmy award-winning production house Magical Elves, this new edition is hosted by renowned TV personality, Ingrid Hoffmann, in her debut on Telemundo. Leading Hispanic chefs, Lorena Garcia, Jaime Martin Del Campo and Ramiro Arvizu, return as judges joined by prominent celebrities from the world of entertainment, music and sports.
“We are delighted with the upcoming edition of ‘Top Chef Estrellas,’ a second season with more stars, episodes, challenges and surprise guests for our audience to enjoy,” said Maria Lopez-Alvarez, SVP of Reality Programming at Telemundo. “The diversity of our celebrities, together with our experienced chefs and surprise guests, will make the second season even more fun and engaging.”
Television personality and restaurateur Ingrid Hoffmann has hosted multiple cooking shows, including “Simply Delicioso” on the Food Network and “Delicioso” on Galavision. She is also the author of LATIN D’LITE and “Simply Delicioso: A Collection of Everyday Recipes with a Latin Twist.”
Television host and author Chef Lorena Garcia is one of the leading chefs in the country, having competed in season four of Bravo’s “Top Chef Masters.” Chef Jaime Martin Del Campo and Ramiro Arvizu, nominated for the prestigious James Beard award, have been featured in numerous TV shows and are the owners of the award-winning restaurant “La Casita Mexicana” in Los Angeles.
The following celebrities will compete in the second season of “Top Chef Estrellas”:
- Gabriel Coronel – One of today’s most promising young actors who debuted with great success in Telemundo’s original production, “Relaciones Peligrosas,” Coronel also participated in the network’s novela “Marido en Alquiler.” Under a joint venture between Telemundo and Warner Music Latina, he released his debut album “Desnudo” and returned to television this August in the network’s new original production “Reina de Corazones.”
- Kimberly Dos Ramos – The Venezuelan actress, model and singer has starred in popular telenovelas, including “La Trepadora” and “Que el Cielo me Explique,” as well as Nickelodeon’s “Grachi” series. She also participated in Telemundo’s primetime novelas “El Rostro de la Venganza” and “Marido en Alquiler.”
- Sissi Fleitas – One of the most recognized Hispanic figures in the entertainment industry, Fleitas became popular with the variety show “Sábado Gigante.” She has been featured on the cover of numerous magazines such as Maxim en Español, People en Español, Glamour, Shape and Revista H, among others.
- Judith Grace – One of the most popular hosts in Hispanic television, became well known after winning Miss Mexico and competing in Miss Universe. She was the host of the highly rated show “Casos de Familia” for nine consecutive years.
- Fabian Rios – The Colombian actor became one of the most popular telenovela stars after his starring role in Telemundo’s internationally acclaimed production, “Sin Senos no Hay Paraiso.” Since then, he has participated in other Telemundo original productions, including “El Fantasma de Elena,” “Los Herederos Del Monte,” “Corazón Valiente” and “Dama y Obrero,” and he has been featured twice by People en Español magazine as one of the “50 Most Beautiful.”
- Don Pedro Rivera – Composer, singer, actor, producer and artist manager, Don Pedro is also known as “El Patriarca del Corrido” (The Patriarch of Corrido). He has become a legend in the Regional Mexican music industry who has discovered music stars like El Chapo de Sinaloa, Los Canelos de Durango and Rogelio Martinez, among others. He is the father of Mexican regional singer Lupillo Rivera and the late Jenni Rivera.
- Maripily Rivera – One of the most popular personalities in the world of entertainment, Maripily became well known with shows like “Eso Vale” and “No te Duermas” in her native Puerto Rico. She launched her own clothing line and fragrance, and participated in the successful theater production “Los Monólogos de la Vagina” and the dancing competition “Mira Quién Baila.”
- Henry Santos – Born in Dominican Republic, he is an international artist, composer and dancer, who became a solo singer in 2011 with “Introducing Henry Santos,” which debuted #2 on Billboard’s Tropical charts. His music video “My Way” is one of the most popular in cable networks such as mun2, HTV and LATV. He also was the winner of the dancing competition, “Mira Quien Baila.”
- Fernando Vargas – This boxing champion has been fighting most of his life and not just in the ring. He’s fought to survive, succeed and become one of the most celebrated boxers in U.S. history. The three-time world champion born in Southern California, is the co-executive producer of “Welcome to Los Vargas,” a reality series on mun2 featuring him and his family.
- Gabriela Vergara – Actress and model best known as the third runner-up in Miss Venezuela in 1996. Vergara has participated in numerous renowned telenovelas, including “Destino de Mujer” and “La Mujer.”
Contact: Gerardo Oyola – Telemundo Media: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit, http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/telemundo
To connect with TLMD Media via Facebook, please visit www.facebook.com/tlmdmediapr
Follow TLMD Media via Twitter at www.twitter.com/tlmdmediapr
Telemundo, a division of NBCUniversal Hispanic Enterprises and Content, is a world-class media company, leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality Spanish-language content across its multiplatform portfolio to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. Telemundo’s multiple platforms include the Telemundo Network, a Spanish-language television network featuring original productions, theatrical motion pictures, news and first-class sports events, reaching U.S. Hispanic viewers in 210 markets through its 16 owned stations, broadcast and MVPD affiliates; Telemundo Digital Media, which distributes Telemundo’s original content across digital and emerging platforms including mobile devices and www.telemundo.com; an owned and operated full power station in Puerto Rico that reaches 99% of all TV households in that DMA; and Telemundo Internacional, the international distribution arm which has positioned Telemundo as the second largest provider of Spanish-language content worldwide by syndicating content to more than 100 countries in over 35 languages.