via press release:
TELEMUNDO’S MONDAY-FRIDAY PRIMETIME UP 12% SEASON-TO-DATE AMONG TOTAL VIEWERS AND ADULTS 18-49
Network’s Monday-Friday Primetime Share Among Spanish-language Broadcast Networks Season-to-Date Jumps Five Points to a 30% Share in Adults 18-49
News Properties “Un Nuevo Día,” “Noticiero Telemundo” and “Enfoque con José Díaz-Balart” Rank as Fastest Growing Regardless of Language Among Key Demos
“Boxeo Telemundo Ford” Ranks as #1 Boxing Property in Spanish-language TV in Total Viewers
MIAMI – November 4, 2014 — Telemundo’s Monday-Friday primetime programming is averaging 1,469,000 total viewers and 731,000 adults 18-49 season-to-date, up 12% in both demos, according to Nielsen. The network’s primetime schedule garnered a 30% share among Spanish-language broadcast networks since the beginning of the 2014-15 season, up five share points vs. last year among adults 18-49. Ratings in primetime were fueled by the success of “Senora Acero,” the 10pm Super Series starring actress Blanca Soto, which ranked as the #1 program among adults 18-49 in Spanish-language television at 10pm, averaging 1.87m total viewers and 1.1m adults 18-49 season-to-date.
The network’s news properties have also delivered significant gains in the 2014-15 season:
- “Un Nuevo Día” ranks as the fastest growing morning news/information broadcast program, regardless of language, among total viewers, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. The program is up 113% (134K vs. 63K) among adults 18-49, 81% (150K vs. 83K) among adults 25-54 and 74% (276K vs. 159K) among total viewers season-to-date versus last year.
- Season-to-date, “Enfoque con José Díaz-Balart” is the fastest growing Sunday political news information broadcast program, regardless of language, among total viewers, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
- “Noticiero Telemundo” is tied with ABC as fastest growing broadcast evening new program, regardless of language, among adults 25-54 and total viewers this season, with viewership in the demo up 7% (381K vs. 355K) over last year and total viewership up 6% (825K vs. 780K) over last year.
- “Al Rojo Vivo con María Celeste” is up 9% (494K vs. 453K) among adults 18-49, 9% (534K vs. 488K) among adults 25-54 and up 6% (1,124K vs. 1,057K) among total viewers season-to-date versus last year.
Other programming highlights season-to-date include:
- “Caso Cerrado Edición Estelar con Dra. Ana María Polo” is up 16% among adults 18-49 (677K vs. 585K) and up 14% among total viewers (1.64M vs. 1.44M) compared to last season.
- “Boxeo Telemundo Ford” was the #1 boxing property in Spanish-language TV for the fall season delivering a +19% growth (384K vs. 324K) in total viewers.
Source: NPM, Live+SD, 2014-15 season-to-date vs. comparable year ago period (9/22/2014-10/26/2014, 9/23/2013-10/27/2013). Mon-Fri prime based on M-F 7-11pm strict daypart. 3-net share for prime is based on TEL’s % of delivery in A18-49 out of sum of TEL+UNI+UMA impressions in the daypart. Broadcast news competition includes UNI, ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX. Boxeo Telemundo Ford dates: Fall 2014 (10/3/14-10/24/14) vs. Fall 2013 (9/20/13-10/11/13).