via press release:
UNIVISION DEPORTES’ BROADCAST OF LIGA MX IS THE MOST-WATCHED CLUB SOCCER LEAGUE ACROSS ALL NETWORKS REGARDLESS OF LANGUAGE
Univision Deportes Delivers Record Liga MX Fútbol Ratings in 2014 Outperforming English Premier League on NBC Networks and UEFA Champions League on FOX Networks
NEW YORK – DECEMBER 4, 2014 – Univision Communications Inc. (UCI), the leading media company serving Hispanic America, delivered strong results with its sports content across its media platforms in the 2014 Liga MX Fútbol Apertura regular season, delivering double-digit growth in key metrics.
- Univision and UniMás rank as the No. 1 and No. 2 networks for club soccer, with Liga MX Fútbol (LMX) out-delivering English Premier League (EPL) on NBC Networks, UEFA Champions League on FOX Networks and all other soccer leagues.
- Univision averaged 847,000 Total Viewers per match in the 2014 LMX Apertura regular season, besting NBC’s EPL coverage by +9%. On Univision, viewership grew +2% among Total Viewers versus prior year. This was the most-viewed LMX Apertura regular season on Univision since 2011.
- UniMás averaged 801,000 Total Viewers per match in the 2014 LMX Apertura regular season, besting NBC’s EPL coverage by +3%. On UniMás, viewership grew +29% among Total Viewers versus prior year. This was the most-viewed LMX regular season on UniMás since 2008.
- Univision broadcast the top club soccer telecast of 2014, since the World Cup concluded, across all networks – the America-Chivas Súper Clásico on Saturday, November 1, 2014 delivered 2.1 million Total Viewers, the most-viewed Súper Clásico on a Univision Network since 2011. This match out-delivered the top EPL match ever on NBC (Manchester United vs. Arsenal on 11/22/14) by +51% among Total Viewers.
- LMX on Univision and UniMás registered the youngest median age of any major professional sport on a broadcast network. LMX viewers on Univision and UniMás had a median age of 38 years, younger than all other soccer leagues, as well as MLB on Fox (60 years), NFL on CBS/NBC/Fox (49 years), NHL on NBC (49 years) and NBA on ABC (44 years).
- On UDN, the network had its most-viewed LMX Apertura regular season ever. UDN averaged 256,000 Total Viewers per match in the 2014 LMX Apertura regular season, up +58% versus prior year. Among Adults 18-49, UDN averaged 155,000 viewers per match, besting the recently completed Major League Baseball regular season on TBS by +25%.
- The top 20 telecasts of the 2014 LMX Apertura regular season across all networks among Total Viewers.
- 14 of the top 20 club soccer telecasts since 2014 World Cup among Total Viewers.