via press release:
HIT REALITY BEAUTY COMPETITION “NUESTRA BELLEZA LATINA” REACHED NEARLY SIX MILLION VIEWERS IN SEASON PREMIERE
Univision Stations in Key Markets across the Nation take #1 Spot in All of Primetime on Sunday among Key Demos
MIAMI, FL, MARCH 7, 2011 – The fifth season premiere of reality beauty competition “Nuestra Belleza Latina” (Our Latin Beauty) reached 5.8 million viewers who watched some or all of the broadcast, generating significant viewership growth during its second hour.
Univision stations were the #1 broadcast stations in all of prime time among Viewers 2+ in Miami; Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston and Dallas; Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston and Dallas; and People 12-34 in Houston and Dallas.
Additional Network Highlights:
- Delivered an average audience of 3.3 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.7 million Adults 18-49, 924,000 Women 18-49, 744,000 Men 18-49, 923,000 Adults 18-34 and 1.1 million Persons 12-34.
- Reported an increase over its 2010 premiere performance (aired Sun, 03/14/2010 from 8pm-10pm) among Total Viewers 2+ (+26%), Adults 18-49 (+24%), Women 18-49 (+20%), Men 18-49 (+29%), Adults 18-34 (+25%) and Persons 12-34 (+25%).
- Made Univision the fifth-ranked broadcast network during the two-hour premiere (8pm-10pm) among all key demographics, including Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49, Women 18-49, Men 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34.
- Averaged more Adult 18-34 and Person 12-34 viewers than first-run episodes of “America’s Funniest Home Videos” on ABC, “60 Minutes” on CBS, and “America’s Next Great Restaurant” and “Dateline ” on NBC.
- Grew its second hour by significant margins: Total Viewers 2+ (+36%), Adults 18-49 (+40%), Women 18-49 (+45%), Men 18-49 (+35%), Adults 18-34 (+39%) and Persons 12-34 (+41%).
Source: The Nielsen Company, Sunday (03/06/2011) 7:00pm-11:00pm. Univision’s “Nuestra Belleza Latina” telecast based on NPM Fast National Ratings (8:00pm-10:04pm) and English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Total Viewers 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience (visitors included). Live+SD.
Local Market Highlights:
On Sunday, Univision O & O’s were the #1 broadcast stations from 8:00pm-10:00pm in the following markets with the premiere of “Nuestra Belleza Latina”:
- Among Viewers 2+ in Miami (tie)
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles (tie), Miami, Houston and Dallas (tie)
- Among Adults 18-34 in Miami, Houston and Dallas
- Among People 12-34 in Houston
On Sunday, Univision O & O’s were the #1 broadcast stations in all of prime time in the following markets:
- Among Viewers 2+ in Miami
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston and Dallas
- Among Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles (tie), Miami, Houston and Dallas
- Among People 12-34 in Houston and Dallas
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI Ratings (3/06/2011), “Nuestra Belleza Latina” aired 8:00-10:00pm E/PT, 7:00-9:00pm Central. Live+SD.
Throughout the season, www.NuestraBellezaLatina.com will feature exclusive behind the scenes coverage from the mansion where the contestants live, video confessions, show recaps and photos, plus beauty tips and a virtual closet showcasing the hottest fashions from the show.