via press note:
Below are Live + 7 audience performance highlights for Turner Broadcasting for the month of May 2015 and the week of May 25-31, as well as Live + Same Day highlights for NBA TV for the week of June 8-14.
It was a clean sweep for the Turner Broadcasting portfolio of networks, which topped all basic cable networks in delivery of key adult demos for the month of May:
- In primetime, the NBA Playoffs helped power TNT to a first-place finish as basic cable’s #1 network in May primetime delivery of total viewers, adults 18-34, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. It was joined by TBS and Adult Swim in giving Turner three of the Top 6 networks for the month in primetime delivery of adults 18-34 and adults 18-49.
- In total day, Adult Swim topped the monthly charts as basic cable’s #1 network among adults 18-34 and adults 18-49, with TNT in second place among adults 18-49. TNT also scored a first-place finish for the month with adults 25-54 in total day.
- Cartoon Network continued its chart-topping success in May by ranking as the #1 television network in total day delivery of key boy demos for the month, as well as #2 in total day among kid demos.
- Turner networks claimed basic cable’s #1 telecast for the night a total of 14 times during the month of May. In addition, Turner networks landed 15 or more shows among the nightly Top 20 charts twice during the month.
- With one month left to go in Q2 2015, Turner Broadcasting’s TNT, Adult Swim and TBS are the Top 3 networks in primetime delivery of adults 18-34 for the quarter. In addition, they account for three of the Top 5 networks in primetime delivery of adults 18-49, with TNT and TBS taking the top two spots.
- For the year-to-date, TBS and TNT are #1 and #2 in primetime with total viewers and two of the Top 3 networks in primetime with adults 18-49. Meanwhile, Adult Swim and TBS are currently in the top two spots with adults 18-34.
TNT‘s coverage of the 2015 NBA Playoffs led the network to a clean sweep of primetime in final Live + 7 ratings for the month of May, with #1 rankings among total viewers and all key adult demos. In addition, TNT claimed eight of basic cable’s Top 20 programs for the month among adults 18-49 and total viewers.
The May 29 episode of TNT’s investigative series Cold Justice garnered a combined audience of 2.1 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery for its premiere telecast and encore. Across TNT’s multiple platforms, Cold Justice is reaching an average of 3.0 million viewers per episode this season.
For the month of May, Adult Swim ranked as basic cable’s #1 network in total day delivery of adults 18-24, 18-34 and 18-49 and men 18-24 and 18-34.
On average across the month, Childrens Hospital (Fridays, 12a) ranked as basic cable’s #1 program in its timeslot among adults 18-24.
For the month, China, IL (Sundays, 11:30p) claimed more adults 18-24 than any other basic cable program in its timeslot.
Cartoon Network ranked as television’s #2 network in total day delivery (6a-8p) among kids 6-11 & 9-14 for the month of May. The network also ranked #1 across all television in total day delivery of boys 6-11 and 9-14.
Cartoon Network charted double-digit delivery gains – between +7% and +11% – among all key kids, compared to the May 2014.
Cartoon Network was television’s #1 destination for all key kids and boys on Thursday night in May. Teen Titans Go! (6p) ranked #1 in its time period among all key kids and boys, while Adventure Time (7:30p) was #1 in its time period among kids 6-11 and all boys. Both programs charted year-over-year double- and triple-digit delivery gains.
TBS’s hit animated comedy American Dad! earned 1.2 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery for its May 25 episode. Well over half the audience was in the key adults 18-49 demo, including nearly half a million adults 18-34. Across all of TBS’s multiple platforms, the episode so far has reached 1.5 million viewers.
The TBS original sitcom Your Family Or Mine garnered a combined audience of 2.9 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery (+11% vs prior week) for its May 26 episode and encores. The show scored growth in key demos, drawing 1.4 million adults 18-49 (+23% vs. the prior week) and half a million adults 18-34 (+3% vs prior week).
Through June 14, coinciding with its comprehensive coverage of the NBA Finals, NBA TV has delivered a +12% increase among total viewers in primetime when compared to the corresponding time period last year.
Over the last week, NBA TV’s NBA GameTime Live at The Finals pre-game studio coverage was up 22% among total viewers over 2014, while viewership for premiere episodes of The Starters and NBA Inside Stuff grew +43% and +8%, respectively.
New episodes of the hit truTV series Impractical Jokers (Thursdays 10-10:30 p.m.) averaged 1.6 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery for May, including more than 1 million adults 18-49 and well over half a million men 18-49. The show ranked as one of basic cable’s Top 5 programs in its timeslot with adults 18-34 and adults 18-49, beating out the combined deliveries of programs on truTV competitors A&E and Discovery. A hit across genders, Impractical Jokers also scored Top 5 rankings in its timeslot with men and women 18-34 and 18-49. In addition, the show is a social media favorite, with the Impractical Jokers Facebook page attracting more than 2.1 million fans, a +9% increase since the end of 2014.