via press release:

“This Week” Beats NBC’s “Meet the Press” in Adults 25-54 for 4th Time in the Last 5 Weeks


“This Week” Improves Week-to-Week in Total Viewers and is the Only Program to Grow in Adults 25-54


Season to Date, “This Week” is Up in Adults 25-54 Delivering its Strongest News Demo Performance in 6 Years


ABC News’ “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” averaged 2.801 Total Viewers and 840,000 Adults 25-54 on April 12, 2015, based on Live +Same Day Data from Nielsen Media Research.  “This Week” beat NBC’s “Meet the Press” (2.638 million and 777,000, respectively) by 163,000 Total Viewers and by 63,000 Adults 25-54, leading the NBC program in the key adults news demo in 4 of the last 5 weeks.


“This Week” turned in week-to-week increases (2.599 million and 801,000, respectively, for 4/5/15) in both Total Viewers (+8%) and Adults 25-54 (+5%).  “This Week” improved the most in Total Viewers and stood as the only program to grow in Adults 25-54 compared to CBS’ “Face the Nation” (+4%/-9%) and NBC’s “Meet the Press” (+4%/-3%).


“This Week” grew by double-digits from the year-ago Sunday (2.215 million and 621,000 on 4/13/14) in both Total Viewers (+26%) and Adults 25-54 (+35%). In addition, “This Week” was up the most year to year versus CBS’ “Face the Nation” (+7%/flat), NBC’s “Meet the Press” (+17%/+13%) and Fox’s “Fox News Sunday” (+2%/-2%).


Season to date, This Weekis up in Adults 25-54 (+2% – 876,000 vs. 862,000) versus its year-ago season average delivering its strongest news demo performance in 6 years – since the 2008-09 season. In fact, “This Week” is the only program to grow in Adults 25-54 as CBS’ “Face the Nation” (-1%), NBC’s “Meet the Press” (-5%) and Fox’s “Fox News Sunday” (-2%) are all posting losses. 


In addition, “This Week” is outdelivering NBC’s “Meet the Press” in Total Viewers (+11,000) and Adults 25-54 (+66,000) for the 2nd year in a row, seeing its largest news demo lead in 21 years – since the 1993-94 season. 


Jonathan Greenberger is Vice President and Washington Bureau Chief, and also serves as the Executive Producer of “This Week.” Robin Sproul serves as Vice President, Public Affairs and Executive-in-Charge of “This Week”


Follow “This Week” on Twitter @ThisWeekABC.



Sunday, April 12, 2015          TOTAL VIEWERS      A25-54 (000)/Rtg

ABC “THIS WEEK”                  2,801,000           840,000/0.7

NBC “MEET THE PRESS”             2,638,000           777,000/0.6

CBS “FACE THE NATION”            3,245,000           896,000/0.7

CBS “FACE THE NATION-2”          1,928,000           468,000/0.4

FOX “FOX NEWS SUNDAY”            1,296,000           411,000/0.3



Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI (Total Viewers and Adults 25-54); Live + SD for 4/12/15, 4/5/15 and 4/13/14 or as dated.  Most Current: 2014-2015 Season (9/22/14 – 4/12/15) and 2013-2014 Season (9/23/13 – 4/13/14).  Averages based on regular telecasts.  

Posted by:Steve Baron

VP/Digital for TV station ownership group; Dad to young twins, runner, skier & spend a lot of times in airplanes.

blog comments powered by Disqus