george_stephanopoulos

via press release:

“This Week” Ranks #1 in Total Viewers and Adults 25-54:

Marking 8 Consecutive Weeks at #1 in Adults 25-54

 

“This Week” Scores Largest Demo Advantage Over CBS’ “Face the Nation”

in More than 5 Years and Largest Total Viewer Advantage in Nearly 3 Years

 

“This Week” Grows by Double-Digits Week-to-Week

in Adults 25-54 (+20%) and Total Viewers (+17%)

 

Season to Date, “This Week” is Delivering its Strongest News Demo Performance

in 6 Years

 

 

ABC News’ “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” ranked as the No. 1 public affairs program in both Total Viewers (2.899 million) and Adults 25-54 (879,000) on July 19, 2015, based on Live +Same Day Data from Nielsen Media Research.  Winning in Adults 25-54 for the 8th  straight week, “This Week” matched its longest winning streak in more than 20 years in the key adult news demo (since 8/21 – 10/9/94).  

 

“This Week” outperformed CBS’ “Face the Nation” (2.550 million and 494,000, respectively) by its largest Total Viewer advantage (+349,000) in nearly 3 years and biggest in Adults 25-54 (+385,000) in more than 5 years – since 9/2/12 and 6/27/10, respectively.

 

“This Week” outperformed NBC’s “Meet the Press” (2.527 million and 690,000, respectively) by its largest margins in Total Viewers (+372,000) in 9 months and in Adults 25-54 (+189,000) in 8 months – since 10/5/14 and 11/16/14, respectively.

 

“This Week” turned in double-digit, week-to-week increases (2.481 million and 731,000, respectively, for w/o 7/12/15) in both Total Viewer (+17%) and Adults 25-54 (+20%), drawing its largest overall audience in 4 months– since 3/22/15.  In addition, “This Week” improved the most in both measures from the previous week compared to CBS’ “Face the Nation” (-8%/-28%), NBC’s “Meet the Press” (+9%/-1%) and Fox’s “Fox News Sunday” (+8%/+14%).

 

For the 5th time in the last 6 weeks, “This Week” bettered its year-ago numbers (2.675 million and 830,000, respectively, on 7/20/14) in both Total Viewers (+8%) and Adults 25-54 (+6%).   

 

Season to date, “This Week” is up in Adults 25-54 (+4% – 873,000 vs. 836,000) versus its year-ago season average.  Growing its Adults 25-54 performance for the 3rd year in a row, “This Week” is delivering its strongest news demo performance in 6 years – since the 2008-09 season.  In fact, “This Week” is the only program to grow in Adults 25-54, as Fox’s “Fox News Sunday” is flat, while CBS’ “Face the Nation” (-2%), and NBC’s “Meet the Press” (-1%) are down. 

 

In addition, “This Week” is outdelivering NBC’s “Meet the Press” in Total Viewers (+35,000) and Adults 25-54 (+71,000) for the 2nd-straight year, seeing its largest news demo lead in 21 years – since the 1993-94 season. 

 

Jonathan Greenberger is Vice President and Washington Bureau Chief, and also serves as the Executive Producer of “This Week.” Robin Sproul serves as Vice President, Public Affairs and Executive-in-Charge of “This Week.”

 

Follow “This Week” on Twitter @ThisWeekABC.

 

Sunday, July 19, 2015          TOTAL VIEWERS      A25-54 (000)/Rtg

ABC “THIS WEEK”                  2,899,000           879,000/0.7

NBC “MEET THE PRESS”             2,527,000           690,000/0.6

CBS “FACE THE NATION”            2,550,000           494,000/0.4

CBS “FACE THE NATION-2”          1,726,000           397,000/0.3

FOX “FOX NEWS SUNDAY”            1,293,000           412,000/0.3

 

 

Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI (Total Viewers and Adults 25-54); Live + SD for 7/19/15, 7/12/15 and 7/20/14 or as dated.  Most Current: 2014-2015 Season (9/22/14 – 7/19/15) and 2013-2014 Season (9/23/13 – 7/20/14).  Averages based on regular telecasts.    

Posted by:TV By The Numbers

blog comments powered by Disqus