via press release:
DISNEY XD LAUNCHES “Disney XD Grand Prix” RACING-GaME APp FOR SMARTPHONE AND TABLET DEVICES
Beginning Today Fans Can Burn Rubber as Animated Characters from Popular Disney XD Shows “Phineas and Ferb,” “Gravity Falls,” “Mighty Med,” “Kickin’ It,” “Lab Rats,” “Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja” and “Wander Over Yonder”
Disney XD is today announcing the launch of the “Disney XD Grand Prix” racing-game app for smartphones and tablets, which will have Disney XD fans revving up for victory with their favorite characters in a variety of high-octane game modes. The app is live now in the Apple App Store and is coming soon to Google Play and the Amazon Appstore. The regular price will be $2.99, but it’s currently available for .99 cents for a limited time.
Game highlights include the following:
– Racing as popular Disney XD characters, such as Phineas, Agent P, Wander, Lord Hater, Dipper, Waddles, Randy Cunningham, Steve the Llama and more
– Picking from a variety of pedal-to-the-medal vehicles, including Phineas and Ferb’s Coolest Coaster; Kaz and Oliver’s Mighty Med 4×4; Davenport SFC; Wasabi Dragon Dragster; Randy Cunningham’s Ninja’d-Out NomiRocket Bus; Wander’s trusty steed, Sylvia; Grunkle Stan’s Mystery Shack Golf Car and Mr. Tank
– Choosing from five distinct Disney XD-themed worlds: “Phineas and Ferb’s” Danville, “Gravity Falls'” dark forest, “Mighty Med’s” hospital, the “Lab Rats'” underground facility and the “Kickin’ It” boardwalk
– Getting ahead with:
- Five item pick-ups: Rocket, Boost, Banana, the Boot, and Shield
- o Three race modes: Single, Cup and Elimination Races.
- Three challenge modes: Boost, Missile Mania and Coin Collect
Disney/ABC Television Group’s Digital Media team has launched several groundbreaking apps that have been a hit with kids and parents. “WATCH Disney Channel,” “WATCH Disney Junior” and “WATCH Disney XD” make full-length episodes of popular shows available on desktops, smartphones, tablets and connected TVs. Fans who verify with a participating TV provider can access a live stream of the networks, as well as advantaged on demand content and exclusive programming events. The Disney Junior Appisodes app allows fans ages 2-7 to touch, tap, swipe, tilt, shake and talk their way through various fun-filled activities embedded into full episodes of some of their favorite Disney Junior shows, including “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Doc McStuffins,” “Sofia the First,” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.” The “Doc McStuffins Time for Your Check Up” app lets kids use their device to help diagnose and treat Doc’s toys. And with “Jake’s Never Land Pirate School” app, kids can become completely immersed in Never Land, completing pirate-themed challenges presented in Sailing, Pirate Band, Map and Spyglass and Pixie Dust classes.
Disney XD is a basic cable channel and multi-platform brand showcasing a compelling mix of live-action and animated programming for kids age 6-11, hyper-targeting boys and transporting them into worlds full of humor, unexpected fun and inspiring action-filled adventures. Disney XD-branded content spans television, online, mobile and VOD platforms. The programming includes series, movies and short-form, as well as sports-themed programming developed with ESPN. In the U.S., Disney XD is seen on a 24-hour, advertiser supported network that reaches over 80 million households via its basic cable and satellite affiliates. There are 30 Disney XD channels available in 25 languages around the world.