via press release:
NFL FILMS-PRODUCED SERIES A FOOTBALL LIFE & AMERICA’S GAME RETURN ON NFL NETWORK
Fourth Season of ‘A Football Life’ Includes Features on Sean Taylor, Ricky Williams, Eric Dickerson, Terrell Davis, Warren Moon, Dick Butkus & Gale Sayers
Three-Time Emmy-Nominated Series Premieres Friday, September 12 at 9:00 PM ET with Hall of Fame DT “Mean Joe” Greene
Latest Edition of ‘America’s Game’ Profiles Super Bowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks – Wednesday, September 3 at 8:00 PM ET
Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman & Head Coach Pete Carroll Recount Winning Franchise’s First Lombardi Trophy
Two NFL Films-produced series – America’s Game and A Football Life – return to NFL Network for the 2014 season.
A Football Life
The three-time Emmy-nominated documentary series, A Football Life, returns for a fourth season Friday, September 12 at 9:00 PM ET. Airing on Friday nights at 9:00 PM ET, A Football Life examines the iconic individuals and subjects that have had an undeniable and profound impact on the history of the National Football League, offering an inside look into their untold stories. The series premieres with a profile of Hall of Fame defensive tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers, “Mean Joe” Greene.
Additional subjects profiled this season on A Football Life include:
- Late Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor
- Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon
- Current Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall
- Two-time Super Bowl champion and current NFL Network analyst Terrell Davis
- Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson
- Hall of Fame quarterback Roger Staubach
- Former Pro Bowl quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Doug Flutie
- Hall of Fame Chicago Bears teammates Dick Butkus & Gale Sayers
Additional subjects will be announced throughout the season.
Emmy-nominated actor from CBS’ The Good Wife, Josh Charles, returns for the fourth season as narrator for the series.
Below is the broadcast schedule for the September and October episodes:
- September 12 – “Mean Joe” Greene
- September 19 – Brandon Marshall
- September 26 – Sean Taylor
- October 3 – Warren Moon
- October 10 – Eric Dickerson
- October 17 – Doug Flutie
- October 24 – Terrell Davis
- October 31 – Ricky Williams
America’s Game: 2013 Seattle Seahawks
On Wednesday, September 3 at 8:00 PM ET, the Emmy-winning series America’s Game profiles the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks. America’s Game: 2013 Seattle Seahawks features quarterback Russell Wilson, Pro Bowl cornerback Richard Sherman and head coach Pete Carroll recounting the Seahawks’ run to the franchise’s first Super Bowl title in their own words. Actor and native of Mount Vernon, WA, Jim Caviezel lends his voice to this year’s edition.
Below are select quotes from America’s Game: 2013 Seattle Seahawks:
- “We should have won that game…Myself and Earl Thomas sat there in the locker room for about three hours after that game and just [said], ‘We’ll never lose again in the playoffs, we’ll punish whoever gets in our way.’” – Richard Sherman on the playoff loss to the Atlanta Falcons the previous season
- “We were the guys that were the underdogs. People said we weren’t smart enough or couldn’t make the plays when we needed to.” – Russell Wilson on the Seahawks’ roster
- “That’s really the philosophy: we’re in a relentless pursuit of finding the competitive edge in everything we do. We’re either competing or we’re not.” – Pete Carroll on the Seahawks’ philosophy
- “He thought that was going to be a touchdown too. That would have been his third touchdown in three years against the Seattle Seahawks…But it was his seventh interception against the Seattle Seahawks. And once again, at the end of the game trying to throw a fade to [Michael] Crabtree, it’s like two years in a row your season ends the same way. You would think he would learn.” – Sherman on San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s final throw of the NFC Championship Game
America’s Game, an Emmy Award-winning series, delves deep into the story behind the making of Super Bowl champions. Each episode is a 60-minute documentary featuring key members of the winning team telling behind-the-scenes accounts from their championship season. With the signature NFL Films footage, combined with news clips and photos, highlights from team radio broadcasts, inside looks from team meeting rooms, sideline audio and other exclusive features, America’s Game provides an epic and intimate portrait of championship teams.