via press release:
THE COMIC-CON SUPERTEAM REUNITES!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE DELIVER
THE ULTIMATE COMIC-CON® COLLECTIBLE FOR THIRD
YEAR IN A ROW: A WARNER BROS.–THEMED SPECIAL
EDITION OF THE MAGAZINE
Collect All Four Sets of “Flip” Covers Featuring The Big Bang Theory,
Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries
Magazine to Be Distributed at the Warner Bros. Booth in San Diego;
On Sale at Newsstands and on NOOK Beginning July 17
BURBANK, Calif. (July 2, 2012) — TV powerhouses Warner Bros. Television and TV Guide Magazine have renewed their super alliance to deliver fans the ultimate must-have Comic-Con item for the third year in a row: a Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, featuring programming from the Studio and four sets of collectible “flip” covers starring the casts of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries on both front and back.
For an advance look at the four — or is that eight? — “flip” covers, click here to download: http://bit.ly/MdKoV7
- The Warner Bros. TV Guide Magazine special issues will be distributed at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 11, and continuing through Sunday, July 15.
- For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible “flip” covers will be on sale from July 17 at newsstands wherever TV Guide Magazine is sold. And for the first time, the special issue will also be available for purchase on the NOOK by Barnes and Noble.
In addition to sections on the four cover shows, the 88-page issue is packed with features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new series 666 Park Avenue (starring Lost’s Terry O’Quinn and Vanessa Williams), Arrow (featuring Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen), Cult (from the executive producers of Farscape and Chuck), The Following (from The Vampire Diaries’ Kevin Williamson, starring Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy) and Revolution (from executive producer J.J. Abrams, Supernatural’s Eric Kripke and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau)
- Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series MAD and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, as well as the action-packed DC Nation block on Cartoon Network, featuring current programs Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice: Invasion, as well as original animated shorts and upcoming shows Beware The Batman and Teen Titans Go!
And that’s not quite all, folks! There’s more, including:
- A sketch-by-sketch guide to drawing Bugs Bunny from The Looney Tunes Show, by character designer Jessica Borutski
- A Justice League foldout poster as drawn by bestselling artist and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee.
- An exclusive preview of MAD Magazine’s unique take on The Dark Knight Rises as drawn by the renowned Sergio Aragones
- An in-depth look at the new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe comic book series written by James Robinson, with artwork by Philip Tan
- The hottest photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and photo booth at Comic-Con 2011
- The ultimate Comic-Con survival guide, with tips from stars of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries, among others
- Comic-Con Couture: how two inspired designers turn Warner Bros.’ Comic-Con bags into the Con’s biggest fashion statements
- And much more…
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon. And follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter @TVGuideMagazine.