The second season premiere of AMC’s Breaking Bad averaged 1.7 million viewers Sunday. Like a bonehead, I neglected to ask what the season one premiere garnered, my bad — but I will follow up and see if I can find anything out. If so I will update this post comparing the two premieres directly.
Other info directly via AMC:
– Breaking Bad’s premiere episode, last night at 10PM, secured a 1.2 HH rating and 1.7 million total viewers
– Over 40% increase over Season 1 average viewers (41.6%). (Breaking Bad Season 2 10pm premiere total viewers =1.7 Million vs. Season 1 average total viewers at 1.2 million)
– Regarding demos: Males 18-49 increased 50% when comparing BB season two premiere (613,000) verses the first seasons average (410,000)
– Adults 18-49 increased 36% when comparing BB season two premiere (929,000) verses the first season’s average (682,000)
– The demo growth supports how AMC originals, by design, are delivering very different audiences.