via Univision press release:
KILLER PREMIERE FOR UNIVISION’S “KILLER WOMEN” (MUJERES ASESINAS) WITH NEARLY FOUR MILLION VIEWERS 2+
On Highly Competitive First Night of May Sweeps, Network Takes #3 Spot in Time Period Among Adults 18-34, Women 18-34 and Persons 12-34 Beating CBS
Program Makes Univision Stations #1 in Time Period in Los Angeles,
New York, Houston, Dallas, Chicago and Sacramento Among All Adults 18-49 and 18-34
MIAMI, FL, APRIL 24, 2009 – On the first night of the highly competitive May Sweep period, an average of nearly four million viewers tuned-in to Univision’s premiere of the highly anticipated series “Mujeres Asesinas” (Killer Women). The first episode of the internationally acclaimed miniseries captured the #3 spot for the 10:00-11:00 pm time period among Adults 18-34, Women 18-34 and Persons 12-34, beating CBS among all viewers, not just Hispanics.
Additional Program Highlights
- “Mujeres Asesinas” made Univision:
- The #4 network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49, Men 18-49 and Women 18-49
- The #2 network in the time period among Men 18-34, beating ABC and CBS, and Teens 12-17, beating ABC and NBC
- “Mujeres Asesinas” also delivered more Adult 18-34 viewers than first-run episodes of CBS’s “Harper’s Island,” Fox’s “Bones” and NBC’s “My Name Is Earl”
- The series’ premiere on Univision out-delivered all of the CW’s primetime programming line-up consisting of first-run episodes of “Smallville” and “Supernatural” among Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49
- From 10pm-11pm, in head-to-head competition with Telemundo’s “Premios Billboard de la Música Latina 2009,” Univision’s “Mujeres Asesinas” premiere telecast delivered nearly two times more Total Viewers 2+ (3,908,000 vs. 2,129,000), Adults 18-49 (2,142,000 vs. 1,248,000) and Adults 18-34 (1,206,000 vs. 713,000)
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings, 4/23/09, 8pm-11pm. Network Rankings based on broadcast networks only. Live+SD.
Local Market Highlights
- The premiere of “Mujeres Asesinas” helped Univision take the #1 spot in Adults 18-49 and 18-34 during the time period in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Dallas, Chicago and Sacramento among all stations, regardless of language
- The program had more viewers than any of the shows on ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX’s primetime lineups among Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago and Sacramento; and among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston and Dallas
- In Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento, “Mujeres Asesinas” out-delivered the average audience of Telemundo’s three-hour telecast of the “Premios Billboard de la Música Latina 2009,” among Adults 18-34 and 18-49
Source: Nielsen Station Index, Live Preliminary Ratings, 04/23/2009.
Last night’s episode of “Mujeres Asesinas” featured the talented novela actress Leticia Calderón in the role of Sonia, a disturbed woman whose father’s abuse as a child and husband’s callous infidelities drive her to murder her husband’s lover. This critically acclaimed series airs Thursday nights at 10pm ET/PT (9pm Central) on Univision.
Univision Communications Inc. is the premier Spanish-language media company in the United States. Its operations include Univision Network, the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the U.S. reaching 97% of U.S. Hispanic Households; TeleFutura Network, a general-interest Spanish-language broadcast television network, which was launched in 2002 and now reaches 85% of U.S. Hispanic Households; Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network; Univision Television Group, which owns and operates 64 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Spanish-language radio group which owns and/or operates 70 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and 5 stations in Puerto Rico; and Univision Interactive Media, which includes http://www.univision.com, the premier Spanish-language Internet destination in the U.S., and Univision Móvil, the industry’s most comprehensive Spanish-language suite of mobile offerings. Univision Communications also has a 50% interest in TuTv, a joint venture formed to broadcast Televisa’s pay television channels in the U.S. Univision Communications has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States.
For more information, please visit www.univision.net.