|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||1.4/5||1.0/3||0.8/3||0.4/1||0.4/1||x|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Total Viewers (million)||10.155||4.797||4.339||1.267||1.197||x|
CBS was number one with adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
On CBS, Undercover Boss earned a 1.4 adults 18-49 rating down from its last original’s 1.8 (when it aired on a Sunday). Hawaii Five-0 earned a 1.4, up three tenths from its last original’s 1.1 adults 18-49 rating. Blue Bloods earned a 1.4, up two tenths from its last original’s 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, 20/20 earned a 1.1, down a tenth from last week’s 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Friday, January 2, 2015 (All Ratings Live + Same Day)
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|8:00 PM||CBS||Undercover Boss||1.4||5||8.59|
|ABC||Last Man Standing -R||0.9||3||5.39|
|FOX||Brooklyn Nine-Nine -R||0.6||2||1.77|
|CW||Whose Line is it Anyway -R||0.4||2||1.29|
|FOX||Brooklyn Nine-Nine -R||0.5||2||1.40|
|CW||Whose Line is it Anyway -R||0.4||2||1.36|
|ABC||Shark Tank -R||1.0||3||4.90|
|NBC||Dateline NBC (9-11PM) -R||1.0||3||5.40|
|CW||Penn & Teller -R||0.4||1||1.07|
via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Friday Night:
- In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 2.5/6 with an encore telecast; CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” 2.0/5 with an encore; and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 1.8/4 with an encore.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 0.8/3 with an encore; “Late Show,” 0.4/1 with an encore; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 0.6/3 with an encore.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC’s “Nightline” averaged a 1.1/3 in metered-market households and a 0.4/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (1.2/4 in metered-market households with an encore) beat CBS’s “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” (1.0/3 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.4/2 in 18-49 with an encore) topped “Late Late Show” (0.3/1 with an encore).
- At 1:35 a.m., “Last Call with Carson Daly” averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.